Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Today's assignment in the library. Use your time wisely. You do have sufficient time to complete all the assignments in the allotted time.

Welcome to AP GOV and Politics. Today you will have some tasks to complete before the end of the day so please make sure that you use your time wisely!


  1. Respond to this post by putting your name, period, a destination that you'd like to go and a destination that you've been that you love. (Make sure that you know how to get here in the future)
  2. Go to Turnitin.com, make sure that you have added this class. If you have an account this process will be easier. If you don't have an account follow the steps for creating an account and make sure to remember your information for later use. (Write down in your Journal). Once there and you have completed the steps for adding my class. Go to the "discussion' tab. View the prompt. FOLLOW the directions.(When responding to a student post please make sure to give thoughtful details and also your name at the end of the comment Once you have completed that please move to the next step. *Hint opening up multiple tabs may help you in this process.Class id:                                                                                                 4th  Period: 6906325                                     Password: reed                                                                                          
  3. Create a Google Drive account. We will be using Google Drive for many class projects and assignments. You don’t have to have a Gmail account to access this, but it is easier to use with a Gmail account. You can also create a Google account using another email. After you have created your Google Drive account, create a new document and write one paragraph about the following question: “What is the purpose of government? Do we really need it? What do you think the role of our government is ? (Local,State, and Federal)/ (Internationally/domestically)”  After you have written your paragraph, click the blue “share” button in the top right corner and share it with me (jim.reed@washougalsd.org). All is due at the conclusion of class.
  4. If you finish early please review your notes for tomorrow's Chapter 2 quiz. Please make sure that you turn in your study guide for chapter two at the beginning of class tomorrow. Please feel free to use the uploaded PowerPoints to review as well. You should also know details from the major current events over the past week and a half.  Also, you could use your "extra" time to do you current events that are due on Friday!

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRIAN CHOI, 4TH PERIOD, MARS, HAWAII NORTH SHORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikayla Banks
    Period 4

    A destination I'd like to go to Morocco or Australia. A destination I've visited that I loved was Lake Tahoe, Nevada. The water there is pretty and really blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bekah Luthi. period 4. Italy. Lake Chelan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brendon Brown (4th Period), Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabrielle(Gabby) Harvey
    period 4
    Europe
    California

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah Wright
    Period 4
    Australia or Ireland
    Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  8. MacKenzie Pfeifer
    4th Period
    Europe
    Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenni Ladwig Period 4
    A place I would love to go is Greece, even though it's in a part of the world that's not doing so good right now. A place I've been that I loved was Washington D.C. because I loved the history there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zoe West
    Period 4

    I really want to go to Italy or Greece. And I really love visiting my grandparents in Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adrienne Leon, 4th Period. I want to go to Greece and I have been to Peru and I liked it alot!(:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anthony Larson
    4th Period, yo
    The bottom of Mariana's Trench
    My home planet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica Hatton, 4th period:
    I would love to go to Venice, Italy to see a real carnival. I have been to England multiple times and I plan to attend college there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mac Wright
    Period 4

    I would like to go to Ireland, because I share ancestry from that country.
    A place that I have been to that I love is Maui, because it was hot and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Apparently I made my blog back in 5th grade... XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I were to go anywhere, I would go to Florence (Italy) or Barcelona. I have been to Yosemite, which was neat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh Warren
    4th period
    I have been to Boston and I want to go to New Zealand and Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jacob Lively
    Period 4

    Where I want to go: In the future, I'd like to visit Philadelphia to see Independence Hall.

    Where I've been: I've been to Washington, D.C. and saw the White House, the Smithsonian Museum, and several other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christina Zack
    Period 4
    I want to go to Australia
    I have been to Germany and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Katie Hickey
    Period 4
    A place I would love to travel to is Argentina or Czech Rep. I place that I love and would love to go back is Wales and Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Megan Sharp
    Period 4
    I would like to go to New Zealand and I have been to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bobby Jacobs
    Period 4
    I would like to go to Ireland and I've been to Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Patrick Johnson
    Period 4
    I would like to go to New Zealand or Northern Germany, to study marine biology.

    ReplyDelete